"Helper" text for N3O FP; Progress throughout the patchmakin

Discuss, upload or download a new Scenario

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

"Helper" text for N3O FP; Progress throughout the patchmakin

Post by murdilator »

This is simply history I'm uploading of the patch development, its various stages and so on.

At version 1, I made Howdahs have better attack against cavalry.
At version 79, I wrote that it was nearing finish...It took some 21 more versions until I had the first rough draft which I uploaded as the first N3O FP.

After testing units with higher ROF and longer range for two months afterwards, I concluded that I must fix some of the issues in the rough draft patch. So I began by giving units a little more range, and had other ideas afterwards.

The Helper and Helper3 texts are parts of coding I copy-and-pasted for later use, in order to copy-and-paste things back in. There is also a lot of stuff I removed that is still contained in these Notepad documents.

I started this coding project with minimal to no coding knowledge. But I learned it over time by copying and pasting, making backup versions and so on.

I do think that I have tested over 150 versions of the patch, and only officially released two (with the exception of the first initial scenario designed to imitate a  FP1.3).

regards,

murdilator
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Feel the Might of the Sioux!" - Gall, when fighting and defeating your army at his own base.

---------------

Scenario Design Competition Participant 2009:

3v3 WildernessRoad: https://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/ ... ileid=2521