The OFFICIAL Books thread

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: The OFFICIAL Books thread

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

I just started reading Inheritance after having ended Game of Thrones number 5.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Sporting_Lisbon wrote: I just started reading Inheritance after having ended Game of Thrones number 5.
Yes one of the few books I voluntarily read and enjoyed.

I never read books lol. I read like 10 books max voluntarily, and I don't read the books you have to read for school (because it is actually the case that reading a summary delivers you a higher mark than reading the book).
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[/quote]
(because it is actually the case that reading a summary delivers you a higher mark than reading the book).
[/quote]

LOL. I regret to inform you that if you think that is the case, you are sorrily mistaken. 
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

WEll, all my friends are like the living proof. When they read the book they get an insufficient mark, when they just read a summary its sufficient.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

I just finished Anna Karenina and am now reading Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

jerom wrote: WEll, all my friends are like the living proof. When they read the book they get an insufficient mark, when they just read a summary its sufficient.
You might be able to get a satisfactory outcome using a strategy like this, but I very seldom see excellence established in this way.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

36drew wrote:
jerom wrote: WEll, all my friends are like the living proof. When they read the book they get an insufficient mark, when they just read a summary its sufficient.
You might be able to get a satisfactory outcome using a strategy like this, but I very seldom see excellence established in this way.
I have seriously seen people get a nice A without reding the book and then after that get a D while reading the book. No Jokes.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

36drew wrote:
i agree with drew. reading it is better because you get all the info in the corerct order. my teacher knew people would only read resumees, so she purposely posed a question in an exam which you can only answer correctly if you read the book. needles to say alot of people got owned  :'(
Bart332
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Bart332 »

36drew wrote:
excellence is not necessary if ur objective is a lameass task of reading prehistoric books written by retards which learn u exactly nothing.

I see the kids who think about a good strategy (learning summary) as the smartest kids on the school since they understand the system.

Watching imdb top 250 is more educational then reading all those crap.
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

jerom wrote:
Sporting_Lisbon wrote: I just started reading Inheritance after having ended Game of Thrones number 5.

I never read books lol. I read like 10 books max voluntarily, and I don't read the books you have to read for school (because it is actually the case that reading a summary delivers you a higher mark than reading the book).
WOW you read Ineritance, too??! It's the one series i've really enjoyed reading and I have read all of the four books. The last two books I bought as soon as they came out and read like 3 hours a day, which is 3 hours more than when not reading the Inheritance series. :D
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

HeJurmhoanni wrote:
jerom wrote:

WOW you read Ineritance, too??! It's the one series i've really enjoyed reading and I have read all of the four books. The last two books I bought as soon as they came out and read like 3 hours a day, which is 3 hours more than when not reading the Inheritance series. :D
YEaaah. I am actually for some unknown reason a pretty fast reader even though I never read and I read the last two books in like 2-3 days lol. Just like reading for 8 hours in a weekend XD. I kinda am weird though and started in the 2nd book lol
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

i read Inheritance too but it is not so good IMO.

If u want to read another great series, read Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time though it has it lengths in the middle
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

I dont read books almost at all so i dont really have the experience to tell which book is great and which isnt as great but I can say I loved reading Inheritance. :) I made presentations of it in school, watched the movie of the first book three time (altough it sucked balls compared to the book) and read all the books but the last twice.

I remeber this sci-fi novel I read where cities moved across the earth eating smaller cities and avoiding bigger cities. Dont remember the name of it but it was fascinating to read. Haven't came back to the series after readin the first book for some reason.. I quess it wasnt good enough. :)
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

Well IMO the characters and character development is quite shallow compared to other great fantasy series i know and i have lots of them at home 
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

Could be, but I havent gotten into reading other fantasy novels so dont have anything to compare to.