Euro 2012

Post by Soccerman771 »

Start's June 8.

Who's the favorite?

Can Spain 3-peat major tourneys?

Discuss....
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Euro 2012

Post by joe4holly »

Spain Germany or Holland.
st4ffeh
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by st4ffeh »

1 Germany
2 Holland
3 Who cares!

:]

Being Swedish, ofc I will cheer for sweden, but I have always always always cheered for Germany, and if Germany gets out (and is not playing) its Holland for me :]
Frits
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Frits »

I hope germany wins
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by generalbuschmann »

germany played pretty bad in their last games though. not very optimistic right now..
DutchNvG
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by DutchNvG »

generalbuschmann wrote: germany played pretty bad in their last games though. not very optimistic right now..
So did the Netherlands....

I think Germany is favourite to win Euro 2012. They've got a team with young and some increadibly dynamic players (e.g. Özil).
Last edited by DutchNvG on Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

I hope holland. My dad claimed he would commit suicide if Germany would beat Holland again in the last minute of the final lol, and I like my dad so well... u get the point.

In my opinion you need this extra thing to win a championship like this. You don't only have to be really good, you also have to be a bit lucky. I always like to take Greece in 2004 as an example: Back then everything they did worked out and thats how you win an european championship. Hard to call who will have this luck this time around, but based on skill I'd say:
1. Germany (even though they've been playing a bit sloppy lately, I think that they've played brilliantly in the last 2 years)
2. Holland (though I'd prefer them to end up as third)
3. Spain (the team is pretty crippled with not having Puyol and Villa, and I also heard sth about the 2 central defenders having some problems with eachother or sth)
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

generalbuschmann wrote: germany played pretty bad in their last games though. not very optimistic right now..
Remember that was not a full strengh team.
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by generalbuschmann »

joe4holly wrote:
Remember that was not a full strengh team.
well if you compare the games they played this year to the ones of the last couple of years, its just not as good right now.  they didnt perform as well in ever possible position.
but well even if it looks bad before, they often managed to get into the semi finals or even the finals.
a secret favourite for me is france right now, they havent lost in like 20 games in row and their players seem to be in a good shape right now.
but will see how it turns out, anything can happen. 
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

i'm with jerome, germany, holland or spain will win it. the friendly exhibition match against switzerland shouldn't count for much
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Portugal gets a lucky streak and wins it.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Well anything can happen honestly. I heard france has been playing quite well recently (18 win streak or something) so maybe thats one of the underdogs that can actually do really well.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

jerom wrote: Well anything can happen honestly. I heard france has been playing quite well recently (18 win streak or something) so maybe thats one of the underdogs that can actually do really well.
France is never an underdog bro.
ckei
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by ckei »

go go holland!
Im always cheering for holland in football.
Last edited by ckei on Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Well, it starts today and ends 2 days before my b-day.  I'm going for Germany to win it all.  I think they have the best mid-field in the tourney and a solid group of defenders.

I know this though.  After this tourney, the US will continue to have won this as many times as England has.  ;)
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th