Re: Euro 2012

Post by generalbuschmann »

stopped watching after 50 minutes, crap hurts too much
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Sporting_Lisbon wrote: I want Balotelli in my team instead of ****ing Hugo Almeida. Yesterday's game was a strategy game where Portugal sort of countered Spain's tactic but still played very poorly.

Both teams played so poorly that no one scored. And Ronaldo's swag at wanting to take the last penalty was great.
Ronaldo's swag and ball-hogging is what is losing Portugal games.  He took over 70 shots outside the 18.  How many of those scored?  Big fat zero.  He's all for personal glory and fame and does not help the team.  Your leader should take the first one to set the example.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

It's funny how I watched the game with like 20 people that were rooting for germany and 3 people (including myself) that were rooting for italy :D
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
emperoral
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by emperoral »

England must be good they never conceded agaist Italy in 120mins of football ;D

Well have to find some positive out of out display. However the Italy - German game surprised me, over here they were talking about it's Germany's trophy this year.

Personally I hope Italy gets beat in the final, all they ever do it fall over from the slightest bump and have done for the last 20 years!

World Cup 2010 funny dive Daniele De Rossi (Italy)
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Soccerman771 wrote:
Sporting_Lisbon wrote: I want Balotelli in my team instead of ****ing Hugo Almeida. Yesterday's game was a strategy game where Portugal sort of countered Spain's tactic but still played very poorly.

Both teams played so poorly that no one scored. And Ronaldo's swag at wanting to take the last penalty was great.
Ronaldo's swag and ball-hogging is what is losing Portugal games.  He took over 70 shots outside the 18.  How many of those scored?  Big fat zero.  He's all for personal glory and fame and does not help the team.  Your leader should take the first one to set the example.
It wasn't a good day for him, I'll give you that. He was a major influence in Portugal's win against Holland and Czech republic.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Either way, Portugal did make the final:

http://m.uefa.com/uefaeuro/news/1836359/
jtackel@hotmail.com

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Indeed, a mediterranean final ^^ I wonder how he got such good reputation in UEFA though, in Portugal he has had a little hand in a couple major games. Good to see that he has been a good ref this tourney.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

Well i won't watch the final
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

They're two good teams. Why wouldn't you watch it Coma? :D
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

Because i don't like both teams ;)
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Comadevil wrote: Because i don't like both teams ;)
I'm in the same boat.

My problem is we only have the crappy MLS to watch over here.  Who had the stupid idea to have soccer games go over the summer?  And poor quality games at that.  There is the Olympics that are starting in a couple of weeks though.
jtackel@hotmail.com

Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

spain pwns italy 4-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and my fav player iniesta is man of the match!
yay, first team to win the euro, then the world cup and now euro again!!!!
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Well, Aaryn.  I don't know about Yay for that, but I'm not disappointed that Italy got their ass handed to them.

Over here, the "debate" is whether or not this Spain team is the "greatest of all time".  We Americans like to make stupid comparisons like that (and I hate them), but what is the perception on that side of the pond?  Surely people don't think this team is as good as Pele's Brazil or Beckenbauer's West Germany.  Heck, I'd even say Maradona's Argentina and Zidane's France are better.
jtackel@hotmail.com

DutchNvG
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by DutchNvG »

Soccerman771 wrote: Well, Aaryn.  I don't know about Yay for that, but I'm not disappointed that Italy got their ass handed to them.

Over here, the "debate" is whether or not this Spain team is the "greatest of all time".  We Americans like to make stupid comparisons like that (and I hate them), but what is the perception on that side of the pond?  Surely people don't think this team is as good as Pele's Brazil or Beckenbauer's West Germany.  Heck, I'd even say Maradona's Argentina and Zidane's France are better.
I think you forgot Van Marwijk's Netherlands  ;D
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson