General Discussion about StarCraft 2

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

MLG Columbus

Post by etrips888 »

Anyone else watching?
I'm working on final projects for the quarter, but can't turn off the games going on. HQ streams for free all weekend.

Nice commentating also
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: MLG Columbus

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

been watchin it all day and stayed up until 4am yesterday watching it :D Great tournament so far!
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Sickest games I've seen in a while. Stream is down ATM due to severe thunderstorms though. Darn.
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

MC pumping up the crowd! :D
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

yes the games were insane. the keyboard making trouble was not coincidence i'd say!
Losira or mma are my bets. july is also hot. naniwa is the foreginer i'd say can take it
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

idra all the way! hes playing perfectly :)
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

Haven't seen any games of Idra, but I've seen July play in probably 4-5 matches now and has only lost once.

Is it just me, or does it seem like most MU's are TvZ? Maybe I'm just missing all the protoss games..

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Just saw July lose a match 2-0 to MMA
Last edited by etrips888 on Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

Don't mean to spam this topic, but watching Idra playing Thorzain and the commentators keep pronouncing Idra's name as eye-dra. I always thought it was id-ra, if that makes any sense.

Which is correct? Anyone know?
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

id(iot)ra is correct. and man did mma wipe the floor with july, same with thorzain owning idra.
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

Only saw the last game of each, but yeah both were upsets in my mind as everyone was talking about how unstoppable each were.
Anyone see much of Major? Won quite a few games today as well
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Ive been watching since Friday until l8. The champ pool games are just amazing 2 watch. I wish I could watch those games in Columbus, OH. The atmosphere there seems 2 b impressive. The players also very humble, especially that Major guy......he was totally awesome. Tastosis  are doing theyre job as usual, but when I can I prefer watching Day9´s stream, although I aint really a DJWheat fan.

My set up has been 1 screen with SC2 and the other screen with COD but muted. Quite entertaining that way I find :P

The fact that we get free HQ quality streaming all weekend is also cool.

MLG and other tournies of the same grandeur are precisely what make this amazing game stand out even more. Simply amazing the amount of marketing that goes into gaming atm, and equally amazing the big brands that are starting 2 invest in gaming. The whole Dr Pepper gaming house scene looks remarkably interesting. Bic shaving equipment directed at teenagers who dont actually have anything 2 shave yet (at least on a daily basis that is) just shows how these big name companies are truly marketing their products in a sensible fashion.

Also those ARDrones are sweet. Daddy wants. Daddy just aint got the dough. Daddy sad

daddy out
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

I agree with preferring the day9 casting over the other, but not to say the others aren't doing a great job.

All these great games is making me consider going down to MLG Anaheim in July (Girlfriend's parents live in Orange County). Just have to think of a good excuse to visit..
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

Really enjoying this tournament Sheth vs mma was so much fun to watch, loving all the banneling bombs and banneling mines action. Will be replicating that foe sure!
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Im not having enough time coz I game all morning and my parents wont let me continue all day long + friends who want to do stuff with me -_-
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

pssh..friends are overrated  ;)