Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: MLG Columbus

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

LaZy wrote:
Aaryn_GenD wrote: i personally think the matches are fixed :P
idra gg'ing out and naniwa leaving were not necessary, just so that idra meets mc again, i doubt it^^

for quite some time i am pretty sure the sc2 players are told to act a certain way. going from interviews to certain behaviour during games
heck they even admitted that in certain tournies  they made it so that boxer only has Terran palyers to face cause his TvZ matchup is horrible or certain players always playing on huge maps etc.
LaZy wrote:
u might not like oGsMC but ur statement about him is totally unfounded. He continues 2 play a phenomenal P game regardless of opponent or civ.

out

PS another oGsMC vs EGIdra would be epic in its own right
why are you so sure that i don't like mc?
by saying "i'm liking how MC gets kicked in the ass left and right,..." should this mean u do like him? Common mortals like myself would think u dont like him. duh

out
oh ye i did say that because people were praising him too much, but now he came back and 4-0'ed idra, making it 4-2 and now he plays vs losira and the winner of them is in the final
i copied his 4gate when i was toss,i shouldn'treally hate him^^
my fav player this tourney is mma how he splits his army is unreal, especially in tvz on large maps. he did the same as me, sniping key buildings, i need to up a replay where i did this 2 days ago, though lessspectacular than him ;D
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

losira is the offical master in suiciding units
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

I was surprised we didn't see any banneling that game, the zergs I have seen have almost always made bannelings when massing zerglings to help them kill armies.

I have watched so much of this tourney this weekend it has truly been fantastic, something I have never done before but look forward to doing in the future. I think I will be staying up late to watch the final :)
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

lol are you sure you saw mlg balckadder?^^ losira has made a TON of baneligns all his games, especialyl vs mma and mc.
finals - mma is kicking serious butt, he will win the whole tourney if he continues like this. unbelievable how he moves his army
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

I'm really glad to see so many N3O-ers following the seen! :D
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

Aaryn_GenD wrote: lol are you sure you saw mlg balckadder?^^ losira has made a TON of baneligns all his games, especialyl vs mma and mc.
finals - mma is kicking serious butt, he will win the whole tourney if he continues like this. unbelievable how he moves his army
Please read my post carefully, I said THAT GAME

I said I was surprised because the banneling has been so prevalent in all most every Zerg match up in the tourney so far.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

and mma wins - great tourney, can't wait to check out the replays (when i have the time)
i'm glad the replays got posted so soon after the games were played along
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

Didn't get to watch as much of the stream today as I was too busy working on my school stuff, but I did get to see naniwa vs losira. Still lost on how naniwa lost those games  :-\

Don't know if anyone else thought so, but that building placement naniwa had at his expo for the first match (I believe) vs losira was just wayy OP. Really want to see that replay. Never seen that map before though
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Pity I simply cant stay awake long enough 2 watch the finals, and glad I didnt otherwise I  wouldnt have had the energy 2 get out of bed this morning.

Losira was a real candidate 2 win since the get go. I believe either Artosis or Tasteless said Losira would be the final winner, when asked on Friday about their personal winner bets. Im  glad I saw some of his games. Truly remarkable player. In fact 95% of the players in this tourney are remarkable and am sure that they´ve given thousands of 1v1 players an extra incentive 2 play even more ladder games and with even more determination.

This MLG has been such a success (due to multiple factors that failed miserably in previous arenas, that have kinda been corrected) that I truly believe the Nº of pools in the somewhat" smaller tournies will increase. The Nº of tournies will also increase, and above all, the prize money pool will increase accordingly. This amazing game is in the spot light of a HUGE Nº of big brand companies that are seeing new ways of approaching their "targets". This can and will only but increase, which is great for the game itself but colossal for E sports as a whole!

We are living exciting times ladies and gentlemen, and Im glad I can be a part of it. Can we expect 2 c Losira jr and MMA jr in the near future battling it out in the Olympic games??

out
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

LaZy wrote: Can we expect 2 c Losira jr and MMA jr in the near future battling it out in the Olympic games??

out
No but u can see them in the GSL ;)
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

In my short previous post, I forgot to mention two rather important political aspect about the end results. One, which I completely missed but had Adam 2 help me remember, is the fact that we have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place Korean player. So they clearly, continue 2 DOMINATE. Will this continue? Is it their strict practice routine? Is it simply in their "blood"?

The other important, again, political aspect is of course that we have all 3 races represented via the final 3 players. So clearly there is not much talk about imba P or OP T nor that Z is having a difficult time with its "strange" game play and units. Again, here we really have 2 thank Blizzard for their ongoing balance patch work.

that is all

out
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

well you can't really say 4th 5th 6th etc. since it depends who you paly gainst.
but look at this: NO foreigner eliminated an korean, it was only other koreans who elimated themesvlves (july got eliminated by moon and moon by mc i believe)
i said it over and over, the koreans do dominate, with some foreigners still pulling good results, like naniwa or idra or thorzain.

i also knew that either losira or mma would win this whole thing in fact i almost always know who wins^^ not ahrd to guess.