Any Guides for a new player?

General Discussion about StarCraft 2

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

P Gracias
N3O Member
N3O Member

Any Guides for a new player?

Post by P Gracias »

So I'm planning to get sc2(Already ordered an NA version, should get it by 2 weeks) :) Played the demo as terrans so I was wondering, are there any guides for Noobs there? ;)A friend of mine told me that almost all sc2 players are good :-S, and that the average skill level is pretty High.... :o
(Crap, I think it does not fit the section... misclick)
Who?What?Where?How?When?Why?
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Re: Any Guides for a new player?

Post by Comadevil »

Apollos Tutorials REVAMPED

Improve with Apollo

Replays

TL FOrums and Featured Live streams (on the right side)

Most of the active players of our clan are on EU, though in two months SC2 gets Global play and then u can play with a NA licence on any Server (EU,NA,KR) u want
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

What coma said. Ultimately you also need people to play with and one of them could be me. I like 1v1 and team, so if you want to get span.... need a person toy play with, message me when you get it ^^
P Gracias
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by P Gracias »

Aaryn_GenD wrote: What coma said. Ultimately you also need people to play with and one of them could be me. I like 1v1 and team, so if you want to get span.... need a person toy play with, message me when you get it ^^
O tks, But aren't you on EU?I ordered a NA version(because the british version of the site does not ship video games to my country)
P Gracias
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by P Gracias »

Comadevil wrote: Apollos Tutorials REVAMPED

Improve with Apollo

Replays

TL FOrums and Featured Live streams (on the right side)

Most of the active players of our clan are on EU, though in two months SC2 gets Global play and then u can play with a NA licence on any Server (EU,NA,KR) u want
O I see, thanks. But will u need HoS for that?Cause I don't think I'll be getting it anytime soon.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

thank god you don't. So once Global play hits, WoL players can use that feature too :)
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Comadevil »

Battle.Net will have a ton new features, when HotS gets released. They apply to both WoL and HotS.
HotS specific content are "only" some maps, the new units ofc and the campaign. But both use the same client. U can even play WoL as a HotS owner without logging off.
P Gracias
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by P Gracias »

Comadevil wrote: Battle.Net will have a ton new features, when HotS gets released. They apply to both WoL and HotS.
HotS specific content are "only" some maps, the new units ofc and the campaign. But both use the same client. U can even play WoL as a HotS owner without logging off.
So do i need to buy HoS?
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Comadevil »

It is not mandatory. Just play the game and decide how u like it. If u really like it and have the money left then buy HotS later.

If there is a good offer u can also buy it and let it ship to a clan member, so he jus gives u the key, which is usually all u need. I almost never used the DVD. E.g. i have bought one/two years ago cheap SC2 EU copies for some NA members.
Last edited by Comadevil on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P Gracias
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by P Gracias »

Comadevil wrote: It is not mandatory. Just play the game and decide how u like it. If u really like it and have the money left then buy HotS later.

If there is a good offer u can also buy it and let it ship to a clan member, so he jus gives u the key, which is usually all u need. I almost never used the DVD. E.g. i have bought one/two years ago cheap SC2 EU copies for some NA members.
I have ordered a sc2, but I don't think I will be able to with HoS, because the import duties on the dvd are rather high
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Little note: Don't you have a free server switch for sc2 ?
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Comadevil »

For the latecomers here: ;)
Comadevil wrote:
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Comadevil »

P Gracias wrote: I have ordered a sc2, but I don't think I will be able to with HoS, because the import duties on the dvd are rather high
As i said, u don't need the DVD, u need only the key, because HotS and WoL client are the same, nothing to install. U can even buy it just via Battle.Net
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Comadevil »

And DON'T uninstall the "demo". This is the fiull game client. After u registered ur key in Battle.Net, u have the full game.

Installing from DVD will only result in downloading useless GB since the DVD is outdated and the client has to be updated via internet again.
P Gracias
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by P Gracias »

Comadevil wrote: And DON'T uninstall the "demo". This is the fiull game client. After u registered ur key in Battle.Net, u have the full game.

Installing from DVD will only result in downloading useless GB since the DVD is outdated and the client has to be updated via internet again.
Lol, that was crappy, how much do you estimate?