Strategy and Replay Discussion, please state the matchup in the thread title

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

ckei
N3O Member
N3O Member

Searching for a TvZ strat

Post by ckei »

Ive been doing this stratTvZ 2rax pressure expand
for quite some time now and the more I use it the more Ive started to dislike it.  Its Timing sensitive and u dont get to harass the Zerg alot which I feel is Important in TvZ

So basicly what Im looking for is this:

- Safe build,
-allows you to harass the Zerg
-Preferebly  Mech or BioMech

any suggestions?
Last edited by ckei on Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Re: searching for a TvZ strat

Post by Comadevil »

If u want to play Mech --> Goody replays
rambo098
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rambo098 »

1 base thor push is really really good. I use it in top master vs zerg and win almost every game ( my tvz is overall my strongest matchup ).

you start with blue flame hellion and from there you start harrasing.

you make marines all the time, and when you get 2 thor´s you make your push with 8 scvs for repairing the thor´s.

im sure you can a thor push vod somewhere, i have seen many pro terran use it against pro zerg opponants.

gg
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

haha ckei^^
next time just click on "more details"
here is the build order:
Build order:
10 depo
12 rax
14 rax
15 orbital command
@ rax completion constant marine production as allowed until you reach a count of 5, apply pressure with 5 marines, take care to have minimal losses
16 depo
23 command center
resume marine production
@ cc completion upgrade to orbital
24 depo
double gas as able to afford
double ebay around 35 food
bunker @ natural as OC finishes and secure natural
double techlab on barracks
begin 1/1 and stim followed by combat shield
transition as necessary, factory/armory for 2/2, additional barracks, support with siege tanks, possibly use a hellion to scout out, prepare for possibly mutas, and so on!
st4ffeh
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by st4ffeh »

A strat I used to do before (which will give you a later expansion).

Dont know the exact numbers when/how to build it, I just know the timing in game :)

Go Rax, Orbital, Factory
Directly start making 1 helion and a starport
By the time the factory is done, you should have atleast 3 marines, start moving out on the map and take Factory rally point unto your marines, by the time the helion is done your marines are half way to the Z expansion (Deppends on map, otherwise hold for a sec on a watchtower).
When your marines start to see the creep, they are joined by the helion.

It will scare the zerg atleast Enough to not drone up anymore and be more scared of his own buildorder (making him to do the wrong choices that you want him to do). If you can pick out a Queen or a Overlord, GREAT! Otherwise settle with zerglings and/or a few drones.

But meantime you did this push, remember that you built that starport.
Because during the rush and with the helion popping out, a tech lab shall go down immediately, so when the starport finishes you will lift factory and put a starport there instead and go for 2 Banshee Cloak, During that time (you should have walled in ofc). Just build Scvs and save up 400 minerals for the expansion.

Then you hit him with the Two cloaked banshees asap. (because you made that first marine Helion push, it usually turns out that the Z did not go for that Early Lair (which he needs to deffend of your Cloaked banshees much easier), and he probably went for Ling/bling, Or hopefully Roaches. By that time your Banshees will make him GG

But this build needs alot of early micro/macro, so practise it sometimes.

After the two banshees you can go for whatever you want really, ( I would say Marine, Siege tanks ofc to keep your exp Really secure if he is still in the game after the banshees).

Lot of text! :OOO

Hope it wasnt to terribly hard to understand :)

- edit: Im also Daaaamn tired, work have taken all my energy out. One more night then weekend! Hopefully my net wont crash on saturday (like last week :[)

have a nice day people :)
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Hmm I think I used to do that 3 marine 1 helion push, but it eventually turned out to just get obliterated by zerg every single time.

Now im doing Reaper FE, but I don't think that suits your playstyle ckei ;)
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
ckei
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by ckei »

I did check out "more Details",but marine pokes doesnt work vs Zergs who gets a semi-big Ling force from the beginning.

Thats why Ive started to like Hellion openings-They are mobile,takes out ling/bling and gives me map control
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

you can go hellion all the time, but just be sure he isn't going fast roaches, if he does you lose right away
Andre_1993
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Searching for a TvZ strat

Post by Andre_1993 »

well that is no true.. even if you go reactor hellion  to open with, imo the best tvz opening, you can easy defend a roach all in of 1 base if you scout it early enough and get a bunker up.

well in my tvz i mostly open with fast factory, reactor hellion.. sometimes i put down my 2nd OC before even starting hellion production if i scout  expo first..

while you build hellions your barack should build a tech lab..
if you have 4 hellions.. go harras zerg but dont want to much. just harras and scout.. stop creep spread etc..but dont loose a single hellion.. they give you map control until he has roaches or a large number of lings he doesnt like to have at that point of the game.

so while you harras get 2 more baracks that you have 3. Switch first barack with factory as soon as the hellions are done.

now you can easily go into marine tank on 2 base. you maybe should push once before mutas come out, but u dont have to.

thats what i play against most zergs.. and its really safe if you know how to defend the incoming roach all in.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

andre this thread is almost a year old, i'm sure the metagame changed since then^^
Andre_1993
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Andre_1993 »

didnt saw that , LOL

showed its new to me :D
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Yeah - metagame has changed HUGELY.

Some many reactor helion into expand openings. Sometimes 2 rax pressure.
Bart332
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Bart332 »

zerg imba nowadays :P
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

LOL. The game is actually pretty balanced overall. Some things need to be made more useful though IMO. What do you feel is imba about zerg?

MULE's imba! Protoss 200/200 imba!
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

36drew wrote: LOL. The game is actually pretty balanced overall. Some things need to be made more useful though IMO. What do you feel is imba about zerg?

MULE's imba! Protoss 200/200 imba!
i dislike Roaches, they're so damn strong. i also hate mutas, though not as much as some months ago. i also hate inject larvae and creep! movemement speed bonus is ridiculous