Check out this PvP opening!

Strategy and Replay Discussion, please state the matchup in the thread title

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Check out this PvP opening!

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

I've been away from playing starcraft2 for a while now and coming back now I found this gem from my replays! I'm so glad I had saved the replay because I had been working quite a lot on this build just before stopping playing sc2 and finalized the opening just as I stopped playing. I didnt have any time to test it out in a real game though so I dont have any real game experience with this particular opening, though I had used similar openings a lot, and with great succes I might add. The build is like 3 months old and I'm not sure if it will fit the current metagame in PvP because I really havent watched that much PvP in last few months.

So I'll post the two replays of this opening here for you to see and judge it and give your opinions. It's nothing spectacular but the thing that makes it such an awesome looking opening is that I worked out all the timings on buildings and chrono boosts to fit nicely together with the least idle seconds on my production buildings. I'm wanting you to especially pay close attention to my warpgate finishing time, unit and probe count at any point before seven minutes and how my units/gateways finish at the same time my warpgate research finishes (so I can transform my gateways into warpgates immeiatly).

Basically after 6 or 7 minutes in the replay you can branch out to many different styles and builds so dont waste your time beyond that point.

I'm personally quite pumped about this opening but lolz I gotta memorize it all over again before I can use it :D Here are the reps!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by HeJurmhoanni on Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Check out this PvP opening!

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

i just watched game 2, and the opening looks like a defensive 3 gate. ye you put your 2nd Gateway at 19, when the CC is 75% done, the 3rd Gateway when Warpgate Tech is about halfway finished. the feeling of the 2 Stalkers immediately being warpred in after the first one comes out and the 2nd Gateway finishing is indeed nice^^

later on, when you made a robo and then another robo+robo bay, that's an order i do in PvZ sometimes for PvP it makes no sense, glad you cancelled it :P
since both have the same build time, you know the bay will finish at the same  time as your 2nd Robo facility, allowing for 2 Colossi at once

gonan check the other game tomorrow
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

Aaryn_GenD wrote: later on, when you made a robo and then another robo+robo bay, that's an order i do in PvZ sometimes for PvP it makes no sense, glad you cancelled it :P
since both have the same build time, you know the bay will finish at the same  time as your 2nd Robo facility, allowing for 2 Colossi at once
Actually, just as you said yourself, going robo, robo+bay in pvp after expanding might be the best way to counter 1 base colossi. I get the two fast colossus just as the one basing protoss arrives to my base with his 2 colossi. If he waits for a third one I already have 4 colossi waiting for him. I would cancel the bay if I see my opponent going blink so I can pump 2 immortals at the same time to battle the blink.
st4ffeh
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by st4ffeh »

Yeah its a sweet build alright.
It worked against me a couple of times (I've switched to P), although I think I have that strat under control now :) But I do need Alot more practise, GG's from yesterday brah!
RE RE later this week.