"Failed to join game" Issue

Everything tech-related is discussed here

Moderator: Global Moderator

johnycage
Conscript
Conscript

"Failed to join game" Issue

Post by johnycage »

Hello everyone and thank you for receiving me in your clan. I am a friend of Sporting_Lisbon and it's mostly because of him that I've decided to play aoe3 again, after 5 years of absence ;). However, when we tried to join other people's games(with my normal internet connection) I continually had the same error message " Failed to Join game", whereas when I played with my mobile broadband connection, everything went fine. I've read several topics related with the subject and i've opened the ports required to play aoe3, turn off firewall (In router and windows) and I keep failing while I try to connect Into a game. Hence, as I seem not to fix this problem myself, any of you have faced the same problem and managed to fix It?

Thanks everyone for the attention, I'm looking forward to play with you many games!
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: "Failed to join game" Issue

Post by jerom »

What router do you have ? As in, what's the name of it.

EDIT: This is an alternate fix, that can work if port forwarding doesn't work:
- Download uTorrent

- Go to options --> Preferences

- Go to "connection" --> under 'Listening Port', next to 'Port used for incoming connections' enter 2300

- Go to "Bandwith" --> enter a very low maximum download rate (under 'Global Download rate limiting'), something like 1 kB/s

- If you want to play aoe3 without failed to join, you have to start up uTorrent and let it download something for you. Don't stop this download. If everything is alright this fixes your problem.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

Is maybe any other software on the computer (Windows Firewall, Firewall of a Internet Security Suite) which blocks the incoming traffic?
johnycage
Conscript
Conscript

Post by johnycage »

I've tried to follow those steps and I have opened 2300 port on utorrent and downloaded something while I was trying to connect to a game. It appears again the same message.  :(

Although firewall is on, it's not blocking incoming traffic for aoe3. I've tried to turn off both router and window's 7 firewall and It didn't work.

My router is a smc 7904wBRA-N
johnycage
Conscript
Conscript

Post by johnycage »

when can we make an afternoon of aoe3 gaming among the community n30 ?:)
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

you want to 1v1 now ?