A New Version of N3O FP (Updated) - 1.3z2 - Much Better Gamp

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

A New Version of N3O FP (Updated) - 1.3z2 - Much Better Gamp

Post by murdilator »

Re-uploaded with fine-tuned changes and some forgotton patch notes. Also modified AI, a new sound, and remember to update the custom homecities, since I've changed some of them.

--------------------------------------------------

Well friends, isn't it a fine day for a toast? After the past year I have worked on the N3O Patch and keenly balanced the rough draft. I do hope that many of you will enjoy the new version as I do. I have included the custom AI I have tested against, and made the game like a half-vanilla, half-Asian Dynasties feel, reducing the counter-system strength. To be certain, certain small changes still need testing, but that's the fun of releasing, isn't it? More changes ;)! Be sure to check it out!

The patch is included on this post. (Note that you must be logged in this page in order to download it).

Link to the Patch Notes:

6003/patch-notes-for-n3o-fp-1-3-new/msg75866/#msg75866

regards,

murdilator
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by murdilator on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Feel the Might of the Sioux!" - Gall, when fighting and defeating your army at his own base.

---------------

Scenario Design Competition Participant 2009:

3v3 WildernessRoad: https://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/ ... ileid=2521
age3rcm
Conscript
Conscript

Re: A New Version of N3O FP - 1.3z - Much Better Gamplay and

Post by age3rcm »

hello, i am new here, but i used your mod for some big time. some changes i liked, others not. but now i am able to try your newest version!
age3rcm
Conscript
Conscript

Post by age3rcm »

My thoughts by your mod, the things i wish to be changed (1/2)

if you add extra weight on a ship really affects its speed? since they move because of the wind and the water is the same way it is before?

the longitude watch should cost 100wood and 100coin?

top gallants cost 100wood and 100coin?

thumbs up for sioux earth bounty card give tricle

id wish the native civilizations have acess to the map's mercenaries, since they HAVE gold. an idea is to use the Spiked hut used in the chapter 2, 2º mission

i think germans doesnt really needs musketeers, and the riflemen are way too overpowered to be at the  german and french barracks, even if costs 300gold and tilly's dicipline just increase movement speed

if you unlock the ability to research ironclad for asian it must be a consulate unit and only 1 country by each asian nation

order of the profet should cost 200food and 200gold?

i think the hussars needs the 0.20 hand to hand armor

better is if all cannon based and rocket based artillery have a 0.60 multiplier against other cannon or rocket artillery (except culverin and siege elephant)

what is ROF?
age3rcm
Conscript
Conscript

Post by age3rcm »

Part 2/2

algonquian tomahawk lore 350food and 350gold

when i see the cavalry artillery i see a small cannon, so it has a smaller cannon ball that deals less damage right? and since it is smaller than the falconet so does deals less damage than it, and less people to manipulate it.

artillery should have a mutiplier against cavalry by 0.50 since they beat artillery

li'l bombard should have less damage than great bombard (name reason?)

team cheap docks should not halve the canoe cost at least it should be -25%

the stolen cannons tech should not be a pre-requisite to tlaloc canoe since they do not use cannons

Colonial Government costs 1000 coins only?

Assassins Card gives more speed in stealth mode and attack power it would be cool if they have an ability
to make an special melle attack, but the balancing...

the hero sahin from chapter1 cannot do the special melle attack wich can be seen in the advanced stats option

agents card just gives LOS and hitpoints since they aren't very effective to kill villagers

delete upgrade from crees and iroquois that enable training from barracks, now it is useless

jaguar prowl kinight costs 80food and 50gold?

champion arrow knight better multiplier against artillery?

ram needs a reduction on attack or slower attack

aenna archer change in cost to have wood too, (isn't it an archer?) maybe 60food 40wood

sepoy rebbelion cost 1000gold and 1000wood?

i think ashigaru musketeer 4x multiplier in hand to hand against cavalry unbalanced

please no more super hatamoto samurai in imperial age with +1000 hitpoints AND 100+ attack

missionary should cost 150 coin

well its so many thing up there, sorry if i am being rude to asking these changes.

Regards,

age3rcm
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

It might take a while for murdilator to get back to you. I think he got affected the the big storm in the US. The patches were made for fun and never been properly tested  :)
age3rcm
Conscript
Conscript

Post by age3rcm »

yes, i saw the updates made last year, it took time to bring a new one, but i think that murdilator is not internet dependant like many people... (or i am trusting 9gag?)

what?! for fun? i thought it was for balancing like nproject mod from CnC generals zerohour and was in early development
murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by murdilator »

Thank you very much for your replies! I don't live in the U.S. currently, but in Europe. So the storm hasn't affected me. I agree with some of your changes. This was a beta version I though would be good, but this past month I have been changing things to the better. I will make Colonial goverment cheaper and I have thought about Jaguar Prowl Knights being cheaper. But artillery should do damage to cavalry. That was a big idea I had. I will make Tomahawk Lore 250 food, 250 wood,  250 coin. Lil' Bombards are also like an Imperial unit, remember, so Imperial Bombards do more damage than them. ROF is rate of fire, or how many seconds it takes a unit to reload. I have already concluded the same about Hussars and other cavalry.  They will receive more armor. I'm not sure about Rams. I could make them cheaper and have a bit slower animation. That I will do.

About those Canoes, it was the Canoe upgrades at the dock that TEAM Cheap Docks makes 50% cheaper. Also, I purposely had made sure that Legendary Tlaloc Canoe was not able to be researched until very late in the game. This was for balancing. However I have thought about adding some small naval techs to the Native American civs. Then I could be more creative with switching where techs belong.

Thanks for trying out my balance patch, I will release the new version now, so as long as you have ideas I'd really consider them! And This is for balancing, regardless of what other will say. I aim to do so in order to have a fun, non-lame game where you can play any civ and have fun with them.

regards,

murdilator
Last edited by murdilator on Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Feel the Might of the Sioux!" - Gall, when fighting and defeating your army at his own base.

---------------

HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: A New Version of N3O FP (Updated) - 1.3z2 - Much Better

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

Wow murdilator, it's really awesome to see how passionate you are with these projects you have with balancing AoE3. I bet there's a lot of work that goesn into them.

You should have been in charge of patching AoE3 when it still was supported by MS. What a perfect game it would have been! :)
murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by murdilator »

I could use more suggestions. I have just read an old post by goodspeed which said that I should...

"i only read the civs part. wasn't much tbh. anyway what you should be doing is nerfing sioux brit ports spain germany etc and boost india and japan. you're doing none of these things"

I'm not sure about what to do here, but I'm really open for suggestions if anyone has any. I hadn't seen this comment, so I apologize for my speed at catching this. To be honest, though, after I had released that earlier version of the patch in 2011, then I had thought just to let it go, since it took so much time from school. But since I saw that it was in a wreck, I managed to fix it. 

---------------

murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by murdilator »

I've now uploaded it to heavengames.com.

Here's the link:

http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/s ... ileid=3363

Already 11 downloads and sure more to come!

regards,

murdilator

---------------