Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

AOE III Server Beta Test

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

http://forum.agecommunity.com/forums/1/ ... hread.aspx
Help Us Test New Age of Empires III Servers

We have been working on upgrading and moving the Age of Empires III servers into a more sustainable longer term environment.

To continue this process, we’d need to have you join us and make sure things are working properly.  On Wednesday September 11 we would like Age of Empires III players to download and test the beta server we have set up between 10am – noon PDT and between 6pm – 8pm PDT.  You can find details on how to do so at http://eso.com/support.aspx.

While these tests will be most useful from players who have had Age of Empires III accounts for 6 months or longer any are welcome to participate as we’d like to have you test out logging in, matchmaking, and creating and joining games.

Please send us any bugs you discover, issues that pop up, or feedback through our ticketing system at http://agecommunity.com/support.aspx. Please be sure to select ‘Connectivity’ from the Issue Type dropdown for proper ticket handling.

We appreciate your help and thank you in advance for your participation!
Seems like they wanna migrate aoe3 to a new environment. Why are they dong this?
Will they finally try to look and see if they can invent something new other than P2P?
Will AOE2 HD finally get a netcode upgrade?
Time will tell!
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Re: AOE III Server Beta Test

Post by Comadevil »

They do this because proably the (physical) servers and the operating system of the old servers are so old, that they usually would shut them down ( like they did with the zone in 2005 or so)
Now they migrate it to a new operating system and server so they can offer the service ESO much longer as they stated it.

I don't think that u can expect new features or anything else.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

yah. The servers were breaking a lot actually, so it's probably just because of that. I do like how they show that they intend to continue to support aoe3 for another while.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

I wonder if they making AOE4 ... Why would they spend all this money when only about 1500 users are ever online . They also Did AOE2HD, A way to get people back into AOE before a new big release ? Never mind AOEO being shutdown too!
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

Well if u offer AOE3 in steam sales for cheap money, u will make urself a really bad name if u shut down the multiplayer service now. I think only EA does not have to care about that :D

I am pretty sure that they work on AOE4 and that they will put much more effort into multiplayer than usually cause that is the way to go now