The way AI building walls is so messed up.

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

tr_warrior
Conscript
Conscript

The way AI building walls is so messed up.

Post by tr_warrior »

As pointed at topic, I quite dislike wall building AI. How can I forbit AI from building walls ever ? Maybe it could be worked better if there would be a rule that forbits AI from building walls outside a fixed radius from his first TC and/or building walls so close to others bases. Another thing that annoys me is AI build walls as a big circle. Cant you reprogram it as another geometric shape ?
Last edited by tr_warrior on Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tr_warrior
Conscript
Conscript

Re: The way AI building walls is so messed up.

Post by tr_warrior »

Well, just tell me how to disable it. I dont mind if it can be fixed or not. I checked scripts but i got confused. I donno what to do and didnt wanted to delete everything related to "wall".
murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by murdilator »

A simple way to fish this is to increase the btRushBoom modifier to a higher number, such as 1.0, and btOffenseDefense to 1.0.

Also in Rule turtleUp, you should change the preference for

(...+0.7) to +0.5. That makes it btOffenseDefense 0.5 for building walls.

The in Age4Monitor, Building Walls is enabled, one small radius, one large radius. The AI currently does not understand how to build walls otherwise than a circle. I am sorry for that. I had planned on making a "circle" so wide, and so far back in its center point, that it would come across as a straight wall. However, it might be possible to make them build some sort of square, but that is only guessing.

Mainly increasing the btOffenseDefense in StrategyRandomizer will help you a lot. -1.0 means heavy turtle, while 0.0 means balanced, and 1.0 means rush.

If you want to permanently disable walls:

Also look at DelayWalls, fillinWallGaps, DelayWallsAggressive, fillinWallGapsAggressive, and change the states to inactive instead of active. Also remove the

xsEnableRule "fillinWallGaps" and "fillinWallGapsAggressive" from the Age4Monitor

Your AI will be focused on rushing more now.

Also, if you use N3O Fan Patch, be sure to reduce the btOffenseDefense Multiplier bonuses, which are set at .73 and .43; press ctrl-f and type in .73 until you find it, or btOffenseDefense until you find those multipliers.

Hope this helped some!

Regards,

murdilator
"Feel the Might of the Sioux!" - Gall, when fighting and defeating your army at his own base.

---------------

Scenario Design Competition Participant 2009:

3v3 WildernessRoad: https://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/ ... ileid=2521
tr_warrior
Conscript
Conscript

Post by tr_warrior »

??? I think that will do it. Its still a little bit more complex then I thought. Thank you anyways murdilator.;)