N3O Clan List IS WORKING now

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

MNBob
Honorary Officer

N3O Clan List IS WORKING now

Post by MNBob »

I'm trying to create a module for this site that displays the clan members, PR points and online status. Unfortunately it is too slow and is timing out. The link is currently displayed because I'm trying to get some tech help from the Dragonfly CMS forums.
Last edited by MNBob on Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
AdsBot [Google]
Conscript
Conscript

Re: AOE3 ClanList is not working right now

Post by AdsBot [Google] »

I have something working reasonably well at the nerve site (http://www.nerveclan.net/index.php) based on a script I found on the skwizz site. I've tried fixed up most of the warnings it was generating save for those that I think I need to address through the java code, which I haven't bothered to learn yet. If you think it would be helpful to look at I can upload it for you.
MNBob
Honorary Officer

Post by MNBob »

My problem isn't with creating the script. It already exists at http://www.hanson-family.ws/aoe3/n3o/n3oclan.php
The problem is that when I try to incorporate it into this cms it takes too long to run and generates a blank page.
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

Bob, what if the list only showed members online instead of the entire list? Then maybe a link at the bottom to the entire list on a different page. Would that ease the load on the server so it doesn't time out?
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
MNBob
Honorary Officer

Post by MNBob »

I believe the part that makes it slow is retrieving the online status. ES allows you to query for clan members. But then for every clan member I have to re-query for the online status. It would be nice if ES had a query function that returned clan user names and online status but that doesn't currently exist.

I'll keep playing around with it to see if anything speeds it up.
MNBob
Honorary Officer

Post by MNBob »

Woohoo! curl to the rescue! I modified my script to use a better performing method for retrieving the clan list info from age community.

http://www.aoe3clan.com/index.php?name=AOE3_ClanList is on the Main Menu under community.