No more AOEO content

This forum is for news articles
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Re: No more AOEO content

Post by Comadevil »

jerom wrote: Great news overall. Do you have a source for that coma? So I can post it on agecomm ?
No, it is just what i hear also in other forums. And i don't think that they are wrong infos, but i would not post it in official forums. There are just too many trolls and hurrah screamers around

And BTW: I think it is interesting that AOE3 gets promoted on steam sales and in contrast AOEO just has 50% off but gets no promotion at all
Last edited by Comadevil on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Comadevil wrote:
jerom wrote: Great news overall. Do you have a source for that coma? So I can post it on agecomm ?
No, it is just what i hear also in other forums. And i don't think that they are wrong infos, but i would not post it in official forums. There are just too many trolls and hurrah screamers around

And BTW: I think it is interesting that AOE3 gets promoted on steam sales and in contrast AOEO just has 50% off but gets no promotion at all
aah well I might just post it there anyways. I'm a regular visitor there so I guess it'd be ok.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

I found the source anyways: https://careers.microsoft.com/resumepre ... ?aid=95033

You have to click on the number for it to show up I think.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
P Gracias
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by P Gracias »

AOE4 all the way!!! May gates personally fund it!!(lol) :D
Who?What?Where?How?When?Why?
P Gracias
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by P Gracias »

P Gracias wrote: AOE4 all the way!!! May gates personally fund it!!(lol) :D
Also, what the heck is project W?They mentioned Wild?Can you guys think of any other developers who'd make the series?
Who?What?Where?How?When?Why?
AdriftCrescent8
Corporal
Corporal

Post by AdriftCrescent8 »

In 2008 Ensemble studios was closed by Microsoft. Ensemble studios developed AOE 1-3.. It split up in several other studios, from which Robot entertainment is the most known. "Robot Entertainment was responsible for the development of the core game and the first two civilizations - Greek and Egyptian." gas powered games did the rest. This is probably one of the many reasons the game got screwed up. 2 different teams were working on it.

The way I see this is that they gambled with our money. I bought the game (way overpriced) & now they just stop developing it. There are so many bugs that still need a fix + I'm waiting for the same multiplayer experiance a real AOE game could only provide!
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Comadevil »

AdriftCrescent8 wrote: This is probably one of the many reasons the game got screwed up. 2 different teams were working on it.
Nope the game was at release terrible and that was done by Robot. Now it got better.

AdriftCrescent8 wrote: The way I see this is that they gambled with our money. I bought the game (way overpriced) & now they just stop developing it. There are so many bugs that still need a fix + I'm waiting for the same multiplayer experiance a real AOE game could only provide!
Welcome to the world of gaming. it is not as bad as u think there are much worse examples. Though for me it was not overpriced compared to the hours i played the game and the fun i had so far. I think in the end only season pass holders are really screwed.

E.g. in AOE2  the goths were a "outlawed" civ since there was a bug in a patch where one unit got overpowered because they made a mathematical mistake. They never corrected it with a patch and put AOE2 into the support phase.
AOE3 had some balance support than most RTS games but in the end akso the community stepped in  in the end

But in the end it was not so bad as what EA did to the C&C series. Here people have thrown much money out of the window.

The only company which supports it RTS games over years is Blizzard right now and they are successful. Hope M$ learns the lesson but i doubt it. But we will get at least an AOE4 with some balance support which is much more than other companies provide
Last edited by Comadevil on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

targeting modern highly accessible platforms with broad appeal, rich social connectivity and intuitive controls.
i don't think this will be an aoe4 game on the pc. it'll probably be a tablet game to fuel windows 8.
If they gonna make it on the PC too, it will have connections to mobile devices such as smartphones or tablets.

My suggestion: make two sides of the game. Make the gameplay that is more appealing to casual players on the tablet, like a siedler game.
Make it connected to your main account on the game which you play on your pc or laptop.
Make it require online connection so more people get into the multiplayer side of things
Last edited by Aaryn_GenD on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Comadevil »

Aaryn_GenD wrote:
targeting modern highly accessible platforms with broad appeal, rich social connectivity and intuitive controls.
i don't think this will be an aoe4 game on the pc. it'll probably be a tablet game to fuel windows 8.
If they gonna make it on the PC too, it will have connections to mobile devices such as smartphones or tablets.
Such thing would be the nail in the coffin. But i would trust M$ to achieve it.^^
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Comadevil wrote:
Aaryn_GenD wrote:
Such thing would be the nail in the coffin. But i would trust M$ to achieve it.^^
I don't know what is giving you this faith in microsoft, but it definitely can't be the way they handled the aoe-series.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Good news IMO.  I'm more of a PVE player on this platform as the match making didn't seem to work to well on 2v2 and I'm more of a 3v3'er anyway.  The PVE was too linear and the matches with the AI got boring really quick.  Age and fend off, then get siege and work your way through...over and over again.

I'll look forward to AOE4 if it comes out.  Probably should cover the period between AOE2 and AOE3.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
AdriftCrescent8
Corporal
Corporal

I'll keep playing the game for a while & start training myself in AOE3 too :)
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Although not as competitively I'll stick around for a bit in aoeo, I had some very good games with Eery on 2v2 ranked and this last burst of tornaments will keep the activity high for a while. I might sneak in aoe3 once in a while too.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Comadevil »

Sporting_Lisbon wrote: I might sneak in aoe3 once in a while too.
Then u can make YT videos for our channel. For capturing u can use open broadcaster if u dont have fraps
AdriftCrescent8
Corporal
Corporal

hey! Eery is my partner! lol