Dutch vs Ottos (TAD)

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Dutch vs Ottos (TAD)

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Brainstorming thread to help Chrisdeleu (aka Tyler).

Right now I have a huge problem with the match Dutch vs Otto.
Its just so difficult to beat the ottoman, because they always go 10 jani - abus - cav and Im just not able to held them off my city, even when i turtle pretty hard.

I'm not very used to dutch but my biggest problem against them when I played otto were massed skirms with some hus. I'd start with a rax and get skirms for the jans, while shipping 8 pike if you scout cav. The abus guns don't have a lot of ranged resistance, so you can try to kill them with the help of tc fire while hit n running them by abusing the extra range that skirms have.

If you manage to get to age 3, ruyters will do a great job. Get colonial militia in your deck since you will be under siege very often, improved buildings card may also come in handy.

What do the other dutch masters Jerom and MasterDragoon think of this matchup?
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Dutch vs Ottos (TAD)

Post by jerom »

I go bank wagon - 700 wood - colonial militia, 10 skirms. If they add in cav I ship 8 pikes instead of colonial militia. If you manage to build your base appropriately and micro like a god you can prolly reach age3 without dying :D
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
MasterDragoon
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by MasterDragoon »

Idk I stopped going bank wagon, think its a a waste of card and 700 wood is so much better. But vs otto, a fast rush civ, I would do normal age up (15vill) build bank while aging with 400 wood, immediately build rax houses, and maybe send 3 hussar before 700 wood. 3 huss, skirms, and MM can probably push off the first fight. After 700 wood arrives then build another bank and a stable, so you can get out hussar. Make skirms/huss as needed and your next shipment should be 600 wood for and other bank and houses. Dont rush to age 3 imo vs ottos, until you really pushed their armies and you can, or if they are also trying to fortress. Usually your eco will be exponentially better by like 10 mins so try to survive till then :P
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

I don't see how you can make 700 wood be better against fast pressure strats. Bank wagon srsly is a requirement in this match up, and in quite a few others. I think you can make it work by 10 skirm semi ff, that gives you more hope than doing a skirm huss colonial I fear. Jan huss or Jan huss abus just beats that too badly, your army comp can't match otto's army composition.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
MasterDragoon
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by MasterDragoon »

Well I suggested to send 3 hussar first before 700 wood. Ottos will either go jan/abus with the 3 hussar shipment or jan/hussar with stable. With 700 wood I also said to make a stable instead of 2 banks. This is all before fortress, I was just saying dont rush to a FF, but still try to make it once you stabilized their army and your eco. Once your in fortress it should be gg.
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

I thought dutch was 700w then bank wagon ? As otto skims are a pain to kill when you hit and run around your town. 

Dutch need the building rotate mod installed.  Banks at the front around mines / hunt , houses along the side . make rax at the back to keep it alive.  Make gate if you can to block cav flanks bewteen banks and tc.

As soon as you hit age 3 dutch should start to overpower the otto and win.  Just kill the otto TPs to damage his eco.

This is how Jerom beats  my otto all the time :)