Some decent games vs Sporting

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

MasterDragoon
N3O Member
N3O Member

Some decent games vs Sporting

Post by MasterDragoon »

Hey guys, played a few games vs sporting and got some recs for you to enjoy. I'll just post 2 of them although all of them were ggs. I know I made many mistakes, but tips are welcomed

Btw the second game of germans vs china is almost 40 mins long, so enjoy :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Some decent games vs Sporting

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Good games! I'll download them and watch from your point of view to give some tips.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Brit vs Russia game:

When you're going for a food heavy unit combo, getting steel traps is a priority (steel traps > 2 manor houses).

The only way for musk to run away from cav + ranged damage is to select a few musks and put them on melee so that they slow down the cav and give the other musks a better chance of surviving.

You were pure musk for too long, getting cavalry earlier is a good idea in nearly every scenario. Mixing lb to increase the damage output and the army's range is also pretty solid.

When you're raided and you have to send your cav to protect vills and the enemy also engages a battle, retreat all the way back to safety and only engage when you have your cav back.

Falcs die really quickly to cav, keep musketers really close to them when you're attacking so that cav's pathing is more difficult.

You had a lot of hunts close to your base, use mills as last resource. If you're floating a lot of wood build another tc, build an artillery foundry and get more wood costing units in your combo.

Russian oprichnicks are very annoying and you need both goons and hus to stop them. Goons are fast and show up quick and hus slow them down so that they don't run.

I think that making longbows alone would be enough to make this game completely different. Even when you resigned, you could have gone for longbow/pike plus hus/culv while upgrading the trade route to make the transition to plantations smoother.

gg!
MasterDragoon
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by MasterDragoon »

I just built mills cuz i had extra wood, and didnt want to risk raiding vs those oprichniks lol. Yea maybe I could have pulled something off if i stayed longer, I resigned in the second game too quickly too lol
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Germans vs China

Nice early market! However I wouldn't invest in the age II upgrades when FF'ing, because the vill count is a bit low for them to have a good cost/effect ratio and because those res could be better used to age up faster (125c from steel traps) and to prevent housing, which is a huge problem in the german FF.

Since you already had a barracks to get skirms, going for 9 uhlans as first card in age 3 could have been more effective than 8 skirm + 3 uhlans.

You overcommitted a bit into destroying that wonder. Rather than fighting in that choke point, just use the uhlans for raiding until you get either falconets or veteran uhlans so that they don't die so much to ckn + tc fire.

Landsknecht are a decent unit but require a bit of micro, ckn are quite efficient at killing them but if you use cover mode they can tank very well and also be a good siege unit.

Lands + black riders was definitely asking for falconets :P

Try not to let the game drag for too long without having a serious offensive tool otherwise China will reach IV and get old han reforms which is very very hard to overcome.

You should have saved those black riders for a different opportunity, they suck vs ranged infantry + hand infantry but they shine against cav and musk-like units.

Be careful with skirms vs ckn, at range it's fine because of 20 range vs 16 but if you keep close to ckn you start losing it costwise because ckn don't cost gold.

When sieging, try to stay away from tc fire by sieging farther buildings. Also note that mine were upgraded so they were dealing 135 dmg. Keep the skirms + hand inf sieging and raid with the uhlans. At minute 26 you could have easily won!

Amazing eco!

Don't throw skirms alone (4 landsknecht are too few) at the enemy base, they die very quickly to cav and they can't properly siege.

Lots of unspent resources. I felt that you were willing to go age IV for like 10 mins but you never decided to, which meant you never really focused on massing a big army either.

And then the old han reforms came. With Counter Infantry Rifling, Uhlans and falcs you'd have won easily. You had way better eco and plenty of time to pull it.

gg! You had a nice FF, good economy and great pressure. Two falconets at the right timing and you'd have had it.
Tyler
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Tyler »

nice games  Dragon,
at the second game china vs germany, I noticed that you like to overcomitte  a lot.
Some months ago, I did the same mistake again and again.
I always thought, when I kill my opponents base or buildings, he will be dead, even when i will lose my whole army :D
That's wrong ^^ Mostly I lost those games, because he still had an army and i did not. You always have to calculate, for example a baracks cost 200 wood, so you shouldnt lose more then 300-500 ressouces to destroy it. If its more its ineffective ;)

And yeah try to protect your vills better, with mabye just single wallsegments, so you can run quick away while cav is coming.

I liked you economy pretty much, I was amazed how you build 45-50 settlers under 10-13 minutes, with a lot of pressure :)
Both games were pretty close and great, enjoyed watching them alot!

GG :)
MasterDragoon
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by MasterDragoon »

Thanks for the feedback guys, i'll definitely try to work on those points
P Gracias
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by P Gracias »