Weaknesses

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

lordandcount
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Weaknesses

Post by lordandcount »

Well I think I leave it to lazy to point out my weaknesses, most of the time he's posting about it so now he may do it
:P
NEO_CrAz3n wrote: L&C is sorta the N3O police.
I'm the most annoying officer
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

That's probably another weakness of mine, I always leave my explorer idle in age 2, when he could be doing more beneficial things such as picking up scraps of food or something.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Biggest weakness! Oof, where to begin...

1. I agree with Hydro that I at times get focused in too much on fights and neglect the home front, yielding far too many vils to raids. I am improving on this, however: I always keep a pike or musket dispatch at home to deal with you nasty hussars, uhlans, ARs and cossacks.

2. 2v2s: I find these my weakest play mode. Normally I won't do them rated unless I REALLY know my partner. It is easy to get confused in a 2v2 as opposed to a 3v3 I find, because you have to mix your army much better than you do in a 3v3 where you basically can just spam. Last night, I played with an old partner and he obviously got rattled by some big raids, which made him divide our armies. That bothered me, because it was beyond my control. We had all the right counters, but by dividing our armies, he let the other team beat us piece by piece.

3. Scouting: I consciously tell myself "scout scout scout" before every game, but sometimes to treasure seeking gets in the way, my explorer gets hurt and then killed by the enemy TC. I think I've improved a lot on this, but it is always a challenge to get right. It's nice to be Dutch or French, of course (free scouts).

4. Keeping calm: In heated games, I make the dumbest decisions sometimes. I just forget everything. When I play v. comp or in clan games, I find I perform much better than in games with unfamiliar people. I think pure practice helps me keep steady and reflexive to new challenges. That's what it's all about You can't be good and just follow a cookie-cutter strat every time. You need to be able to REACT, and that is hard in real time.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

3. Scouting: I consciously tell myself "scout scout scout" before every game, but sometimes to treasure seeking gets in the way, my explorer gets hurt and then killed by the enemy TC. I think I've improved a lot on this, but it is always a challenge to get right. It's nice to be Dutch or French, of course (free scouts).
Well scouting is important, but with experience you can more or less guess what's he gonna do, don't torture yourself if you don't scout that much :p
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

Chocosanta.
No seriously though I haven't got any weaknesses.
Except a short attention span and getting bored and trying to use fun strats against noobs :/
ChocoSanta
Conscript
Conscript

Post by ChocoSanta »

[quote=""Cammel""]Chocosanta.

+1
That guy always loses my games :'(
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

I totally agree with you Kaiser, on your last point. It's important to keep calm in games or else you end up making stupid mistakes. Once you've racked over a certain amount of rated games, you generally get used to the atmosphere in games, whether it be team or solo, and you tend to not be fazed by much.

Like, someone new to the game being raided will most probably say something along the lines of "Nooo, my vills!", but an experienced player will keep a cool head, move the vills away, and continue doing what they were doing.

In my opinion, the psyche of the game goes hand-in-hand with what you are capable of pulling off. Things that can discourage include raids, taunts, and scores.
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

my biggest weakness would be my lack of thinking in game.
i usually play FPS where its all reflex, speed etc. the only thing you think about really is staying alive.
and in FPS which i think affected my mentality the most is that its either attack/defence, so when i push forward i never think about whats behind and vice versa, if that makes any sense to anyone.
NitroZ
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: somegreekguy

Post by NitroZ »

well gaurded spammed artilery eg (30 falcs gaurded by 100 units :D )
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Mine are too many to list, but here's a couple:

Too passive.
Lack of plan.
Don't check decks enough.
Micro.
Not enough exploring during game (post colonial).
Lack of variety. (I should use other civs more, or at least learn them).
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

for me, my biggest problems are i tend to zone out if my rush game turns into tr, also getting too focused on military in fights rather then vill production and vice versa, this is really evident on water maps where i ship schooners and tend to go boat crazy but neglect making more military buildings such as back up fb's, extra raxs/stables etc., sumtimes my scouting is just plain horrible and i tend to watch parts of the map alot for trees falling (wood vills) and herds moving sporadically but fail to notice 2 little red dots on my mini-map picking off my vills
- Dan
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

i second that dan, i also would say that your micro is not too good.

whereas we come to my strength, i think that is the micro, however my weaknesses are miscalculating the strat of my opponent, i think because i assume too much.
the other point is experience, i know the resource ratio of military units quite well and the cost of techs, but i didn't know that much about civs i don't like or even can't stand. this has changed in the last couple of days, though =)

luckily, i do most of the things that were mentioend here, scouting, deck viewing, etc.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Atm rustiness.
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

my internet...
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

Being cold whilst playing :-(
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!