Possible wallenstein contract BO

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Bart331
Major
Major

Possible wallenstein contract BO

Post by Bart331 »

Me vs jerom the brave, i do a hussar semi ff for wallenstein contract, he goes skrim semi for dutch fortress play

plz watch and give feedback on the BO, for my feeling it took me a bit long before i got all shipments...

And should i send improved merc cards? What about mercantilism worth it or not?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Possible wallenstein contract BO

Post by jerom »

Lol Skim semi ff is to much honor, I was just messing around as usually. Maybe you could have made a TP for faster shipments
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
DutchNvG
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by DutchNvG »

Will watch it :) Though I can't give you any advice Bart as I'm not a German player that great.
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Jero12345
Captain
Captain

Post by Jero12345 »

I think the improved merc card is handy because you have only a limeted amount of merc and you want them to be as powerfull as they can
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

It's great you tried it, Bart! Yukon is probably a good map for it with the TP and gold mines.

I'll write more once I've watched.

EDIT: I just finished watching. Well done! Once you added in falcs, your army was invincible. You mentioned that your shipments were a little slow in coming. In the future, you can avoid that by forgetting about the advanced market ups until after you get your first mercs on the field. Or adding in a TP at some point in colonial would solve the problem, too. Don't get me wrong: The advanced market ups are essential to get all the coin you need for this build. It's just a question of whether to research it before or after you get your army together.

All in all, it looks solid. Of course, the fact that you faced no pressure helps a lot. But that's why they made uhlans :D Keep tweaking it and it should be great. I think it would work well against Brits, Japs and maybe even China. There's nothing sweeter than dropping 13 Jaegers on an ashi spam :twisted:

I even think 2 SW might be an option as first card so you can get a classic 7-uhlan semi-FF going on, then you can focus on getting the resources for Age III. 7 uhlans lets you be a real raiding pest from 2 sides. I'm not sure the 700 coin shipment is necessary, either. Maybe that's the moment to send the other SW card.

I'm not sure if advanced mercs is worth it. Hopefully you just win the game sub-15 minutes with the main shipments. No need to up them. Other German Age 3 cards are better to support a shipment spam.

Mercantilism is also a strong possibility. On a map with lots of coin, it could really support the merc spam... FAST.

Another cool thing about this strat is that it is resource-easy. Just gather a ton of coin and you're good to go ;)
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)