You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: World Cup Discussion

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

why lol at ghana? they are a good team.
lol at usa pulling their goalie out in the last minutes. i would have loved to see a counter goal^^
Bart331
Major
Major

Post by Bart331 »

lol @ USA, they try to compensate their lack of skills by putting more effort in their games but when they get tired....

omg they sucked
Roger_The_Rogue
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Roger_The_Rogue »

Go Ghana, go. I am cheering for Africa. :D
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""Bart331""]lol @ USA, they try to compensate their lack of skills by putting more effort in their games but when they get tired....

omg they sucked[/quote]

LOL at all the people lol'ing @ the USA. Bart, you obviously didn't watch the game yesterday.

We win the group with England, played very well against a Ghana team that only lost to Germany 1-0 (and it would have been a draw if not for the fortunate goal).

It's even more funny when people lol and their country (Belgium) didn't even make the cup...

Look at France and Italy for starters and then Denmark, Serbia (team that actually BEAT Germany), and Greece. How did the US do compared to those teams? On 2 days rest after playing that rough game against Algeria with the emotional win, I'm surprised we played as well as we did. We had many many many more opportunities to score, Ghana just did better with the ones they had.

LOL at us all you want. Looking at this cup and the past few tourney's we've been in, the US is coming around and we're being competitive in major tournaments and international games. More players are competing in Europe. The sport is soaring in popularity in the States and more and more $$$ are being filtered into the game. Wait until the MLS takes off internationally and starts signing big European players because we can pay them more...

What will you say then??
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

[quote=""Soccerman771""][quote=""Bart331""]lol @ USA, they try to compensate their lack of skills by putting more effort in their games but when they get tired....

omg they sucked[/quote]

LOL at all the people lol'ing @ the USA. Bart, you obviously didn't watch the game yesterday.

We win the group with England, played very well against a Ghana team that only lost to Germany 1-0 (and it would have been a draw if not for the fortunate goal).

It's even more funny when people lol and their country (Belgium) didn't even make the cup...

Look at France and Italy for starters and then Denmark, Serbia (team that actually BEAT Germany), and Greece. How did the US do compared to those teams? On 2 days rest after playing that rough game against Algeria with the emotional win, I'm surprised we played as well as we did. We had many many many more opportunities to score, Ghana just did better with the ones they had.

LOL at us all you want. Looking at this cup and the past few tourney's we've been in, the US is coming around and we're being competitive in major tournaments and international games. More players are competing in Europe. The sport is soaring in popularity in the States and more and more $$$ are being filtered into the game. Wait until the MLS takes off internationally and starts signing big European players because we can pay them more...

What will you say then??[/quote]

He is from Holland I think ^^, and I don't think Denmark and Serbia are that good.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

i agree with jerome.
and seriously soccerman, what you say is farfechted. it can take 10 years until the usa can cope with the big european teams.

and lol the only european players who go to the usa are the ones who wanna finish their pro carreer and seek a noob team to spend their last year on.. like cannavaro going to dubai.

no top player in his best years would go to the usa, sorry... maybe when they're 34 or 35..
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]i agree with jerome.
and seriously soccerman, what you say is farfechted. it can take 10 years until the usa can cope with the big european teams.

and lol the only european players who go to the usa are the ones who wanna finish their pro carreer and seek a noob team to spend their last year on.. like cannavaro going to dubai.

no top player in his best years would go to the usa, sorry... maybe when they're 34 or 35..[/quote]

Yeah, beating Spain in the confederations cup and winning the World Cup group stage with England and Slovenia in it is not coping with the "big european teams".

When the MLS gets the ability to pay big payrolls like they do in American Football and Baseball, the players will come.

And by the way, it wasn't that long ago that players like Stoichkov and Valderamma were playing in the States in their prime.....

It's easy to talk trash, but you should take off the anti-American glasses when talking about the sport.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""jerom""][quote=""Soccerman771""][quote=""Bart331""]lol @ USA, they try to compensate their lack of skills by putting more effort in their games but when they get tired....

omg they sucked[/quote]

What will you say then??[/quote]

He is from Holland I think ^^, and I don't think Denmark and Serbia are that good.[/quote]

I__CHAOS__I
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:23 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup Discussion
lol @ Ghana beating USA

^^^ He's not :D
jtackel@hotmail.com

Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

FIFA is crap, what's with 1966 revisited?
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]FIFA is crap, what's with 1966 revisited?[/quote]
Yeah kinda influential decision, but you have crap in your eyes when you don't see it's a goal IMO
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

no it isn't, as günther netzer says soccer (or better to say football) lives from false decisions and so on, it creates drama^^
also that is what england gets for their "goal" in 1966, so it was more than fair

what i don't understand socerman... the usa is clearly extremely good in basketball and baseball, so why do you pretend they are great in soccer as well?? they are defnitely not bad, but nowhere near good, sorry man

greece is also crap and they won in euro 2004w with their lame tactic nobody oculd counter back then,
plz prove for a certain period of time that the us is constantly playing good then start making these theses plz^^
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]no it isn't, as günther netzer says soccer (or better to say football) lives from false decisions and so on, it creates drama^^
also that is what england gets for their "goal" in 1966, so it was more than fair

what i don't understand socerman... the usa is clearly extremely good in basketball and baseball, so why do you pretend they are great in soccer as well?? they are defnitely not bad, but nowhere near good, sorry man

greece is also crap and they won in euro 2004w with their lame tactic nobody oculd counter back then,
plz prove for a certain period of time that the us is constantly playing good then start making these theses plz^^[/quote]

You certainly talk strongly but I have to agree with soccer about the anti-america glasses thing. And whats with the "that is what england get for their "goal" in 1966?" No, it's not more than fair. Get it straight, firstly, that ball was PROVEN to have crossed the line, and secondly, since when did that goal affect the final outcome? As for saying it is more than fair, that just sounds like you being bitter to be honest....
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

As for the England vs Germany game today, trying to be impartial, I have to say it was probably one of the best games of the tournament so far. Neither team played that well, and every single goal was a defence error, which although is common, isn't normaly the case for a game with that many goals.

England were awful in defense, and that's what gave the Germans their chances, which (fair play to them) they capitalised on.

I still don't think the German side has played to their best yet, and will be interesting to see the next game they play. However, if what we saw today WAS their best, then I think they will lose.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

i will not deny that i am indeed anti-american in this scenario and thus, a bit biased.
i dunno but i am amazed by germanys combination, i never saw that before from their team in the last years, so it looks promising
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Well I agree that England-Germany was the best match of the tourney so far, really really exciting till second half, than the 3-1 killed england, unfortunately.