My One-Year N3O Anniversary Message

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

My One-Year N3O Anniversary Message

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

I woke up this morning when it was still dark. I remembered that it was the Fourth of July, a holiday here in the States. But that triggered another connection: Fourth of July last year was my first day in N3O. I have been here for a year now.

What a great year it has been. I don't exaggerate when I say that N3O has changed my life for the better. I joined the clan during a personally very difficult time. Ever since 2006 life has been a little difficult for me. AOE gave me a sort of escape from everything, but by July 2008 even AOE was not cutting it for me anymore. I didn't like the rated culture and the immaturity I experienced online. But then, like a lightning bolt, N3O hit me. My old buddy American Caesar--who is still an N3O'er--messaged me and recommended that I apply to a clan that really cares about having fun and just being a good sport. I messaged Huggy Pierre, told him my story and I was in. That was a year ago today.

365 days, 850 games, 1843 posts and countless friends later, here were are on July 4, 2009. N3O has become an essential part of me. It's not even all about AOE anymore. True, we all love this game and we play it when we can. But N3O is so much more than that. These forums buzz with activity every day. We support each other. We joke with each other. We live kindred lives in N3O. It really is quite remarkable if you think about it. I don't go a day without checking in on my buddies on the forums. If I'm lucky, I catch a few games. If I don't, it doesn't matter; we'll always be here. No matter what we go through in life, our N3O core remains strong.

I don't have enough space or time to thank everyone I've met over the past year. Huggy for inviting me and for all the 1v1s. 36Drew for being the classiest high-ranked player I have ever seen (class and rank rarely mix in this game); they don't make em like you anymore, if they ever did in the first place! Thanks for all the VODs, tips, games and chats. Lazy_Tuga for being the coolest dentist I've ever met and one of the best gentlemen I'll ever know; thanks for your spirit, laughter and passion for life. Blackadder for his quiet strength, friendship and patience. Tubruk for his charm and constant willingness to bear with me. Djdan for his perpetual energy and character; you are going places, my friend! NEO_Crazn for starting a true phenomenon; no matter what life faces, Craz, I'll be there for you. Thanks to Comadevil for mastering the technical aspects that drive our game. Indy for his endless wit and for his willingness to parry my diatribes in almost as many words as I use 8) StrokeyBlofeld for managing the whole lot of us, and for his commitment to N3O values through strength, understanding and honor. Soccerman for his Texan flavor, constant dedication to the clan and great nature. Sporting_Lisbon for his immense skill, bottomless energy and maturity in the face of immature rank-hunters everywhere; your posts and play are legendary. I_Chaos_I for his wisdom, experience and endless contributions, Chinese connection speeds notwithstanding; you are an essential part of the clan, my friend. Emperoral for his unforgettable wit and humor; this ain't the last of us, badger! Deadhanddan for his priceless sportsmanship, immense experience and ever-readiness to get a game or two going. Macabee for his resolution, sharp humor and fervent loyalty to the Aztec cause; there is strength in commitment to one civ... believe me, I know! Nitroz for his spirit of fun and chance; yes, 8-bank FFs are fun, even if not always practical... and we have that freedom to experiment at N3O. GeneralMichael for his dogged determination, great posts and all-around awesome spirit. Aaryn_GenD for his energy, clan dedication and computer-like knowledge. Joe4holly for all the great games, super attitude and winning charm; it's always a pleasure to play with you, overboom or not. Cleeduz for his fantastic attitude and unbelievable artistic genius; I still marvel at your work all these months later. Nighthawk22, I know you haven't been able to play much, but I still fondly recall our comp stomps when I first joined the clan; I'll see you around, buddy. Etrips and Lost_my_hope for seeing the N3O light and recognizing that good buddies and good times can be just as rewarding as winning games.

Here's a shoutout to everyone I forgot to mention, and all the newcomers who join us every week... try as I may, my memory isn't perfect. Believe me, I value you all. Once I've played with you enough and read your posts enough, I remember. There's a reason we're all in this clan. We have similar values. We like similar things. We have created something wonderful, something about which we should all be proud. We don't just play games here. We make friends and we live part of our lives together. We think about things other than PR and Win-Loss percentages. Let's treasure that together. And let's carry the N3O spirit in all that we do.

Thanks to everyone who makes this clan great. You all deserve some applause for being who you are.

To quote 36Drew: N3O Representin'! You know I will, for as long as I'm breathing!

Thanks for the games and memories, everyone. You've made my life better than it was a year ago.

Kaiser (Ben)
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: My One-Year N3O Anniversary Message

Post by Hydrovert5 »

Here here!

I agree with everything you said there Ben. Ratings and rank is not a part of this clan at all. It's all about the people here. Had I not played 36drew on that fateful day in August 2007, I would have quit AoE3 long ago.

But thanks to this clan I am still here. Nothing more satisfying than to go on Ventrilo and have a laugh and a joke with one another, and there is no sense of hostility here at all. Everyone knows each other and we all care for each other. We are here not only as an AoE3 clan, but as a gathering of mature adults. We are more than mere players - we are friends. Win or lose, we stand united.

So long live AoE3, and most importantly, long live N3O!
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Great post Kaiser. It's an honor to have you apart of this clan, and to know such a great individual.

Here's to more Uhlan spammage!!!!
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""Soccerman771""]Great post Kaiser. It's an honor to have you apart of this clan, and to know such a great individual.

Here's to more Uhlan spammage!!!![/quote] +1000 , been best time for me in any AoE game to be part of N3O and having the honor of playing with you and the many you have named.

heres to many more future games featuring classic uhlan and rodelero spammage :)
- Dan
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Heh congrats on your N3O Birthday mate, I think you're by far the greatest representative of the N3O spirit! May many more years come after this one.
rambo098
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rambo098 »

Nice to have you here Ben, the clan made a positive change when you joined N3O.

It´s allways a pleasure to read your posts here at the site. :D

enjoy the years to come (until death do us part)

/Rambo
Lost_my_hope
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Lost_my_hope »

But this is touching!

I couldn't agree more with you, how long have I been in the clan, a couple of weeks? And I already wonder how I ever managed to keep playing the game all those times before. N3O is the best and I can't say much else than +1000 like Dan did.
Vivian Stanshall, about 3 o'clock in the morning, Oxfordshire, 1973... good night.
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

Ben, You Remembered our anniversary <3.... what? no flowers?

well put Ben, after all the times i have left (and joined) i can safely say there is no clan like N3O Nor a clan that has the same quality of Members.
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

congratssssssssssssssss , 1 full year of getting german lamed by you.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

yes kaiser, this is amazing, your writing skills impress me far more than you being one year in this clan lol, joined on 22th november, as far as i remember, deadhanddan being the man pulling out the strings
i remember you ulan-raiding me alot when i was new :neutral:

you got the point here: things like this clan work so well, because it is unbound, fun and relaxing.
anybody can take a break from it and come back later, the gamepay itself is not stressful at all, i bet i spend more time on ESO and its lounges than in the game... unlike an egoshooter where you got the action non-stop

N3O Representin'!!
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]Heh congrats on your N3O Birthday mate, I think you're by far the greatest representative of the N3O spirit! May many more years come after this one.[/quote]
agreed, looking fwd to many more years of N3O fun.

Tonight, I'll drink to the Uhlan-Master - cheers 8)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

Great Post!
Reminds me of why I love being a part of this clan, even if it has just been for a short period of time.
Cheers to Kaiser and the great group of people that make up N30
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

The shout out is simply amazing. I will add more constructive thoughts when I have time tomorrow or the next day! Awesome post!
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

I have had an OP day today, and here I come to unwind and I find this. :D

Thanks for adding to my great day, Ben. I double-plus agree with all of your sentiments. Clan business has been a bit slow for the summer, which is normal, but I appreciate all of you.

Cheers
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Im speechless, so ill keep this short.

That was as touching as it was geniune. Few of us express our fealings openly. Rare are those that do it in such an elegant way Kaiser.

Time..... Time is a funny unit. It works in the strangest of fashions. Some times 1 needs weeks or months 2 get 2 know some 1. Other times it just clicks. Sometimes all we need 2 do is read some1s writing and a platonic reaction takes place befor u even know it. All the time I have spent with u has always been fun and entertaining, even sitting on the bus on our way home and u deciding 2 make a 14 min phone call using my portuguese based cell phone from England 2 New York.

After having met u in person I find that the best way 2 describe u would b: an ambitous young experienced man with an extremly critical mind that hungers for information and starves for knowledge. U are constantly studying ur surroundings and analyzing every1 around u. But what u excel at is not in your gift of putting in writing what Pavarotti coulndt put in words. No, what u excel at, what truly gives u a unique and passionate blend, is the manner in which u leave no 1 that has the fortitude of crossing their path with urs indiferent. The way way u can just step in any argument and make both parties hear and understand ur point of view is astonishing. On the other hand I would most definately never wish 2 become feel ur wrath, for I suspect that the dragon that lives in all of us when woken in ur case is not 1 2 be anwary of. However, for that same dragon 2 ever spring out of hibernation must require the most serious of circumstances.

This clan embraced u just as much and with the same haste as u embraced it, and both benifited from ur arrival. Ur polite manner and diplomatic conduct are an example for us all. Ur posts are always as informative as they are rich in content and knowledge. Ur gameplay and understanding of the game exceeds the arbitrary rank the pesky ESO engeneers decided 2 tag u with. The only rank u truly are proud of is the 1 N3O baptized u with. An officer 1 u r, and as the movie titles goes, "an officer and a gentleman" u will remain.

Thank u for ur ever growing friendship and congrats on ur rebirth :)

out

out